Put on Your Skin What You Want to Go In...
Many of us consider our skin as external, something that is separate from our inner alchemy, when in fact our skin is our biggest organ. This is why we should only put on our skin what we would consider safe enough to eat.
Looking for nutrients, the body absorbs what we put on the skin. Therefore if we use toxic chemicals then our body will absorb them, and this will have repercussions on the internal organs. It causes free radicals to build up in the body and creates a toxic environment where disease and illness can thrive. Not to mention the toxins and chemicals that we use are not compatible with the skin and in many cases cause the skin cells to suffocate.
Harmful ingredients to look our for:
• Hyaluronic Acid
• Aluminum (found in most deodorants)
• Sodium Lauryl Sulfate
It's true what they say: beauty comes from within. We can create an internal paradise for ourselves by drinking plenty of water (don't forget the body is 60% water) and consuming fresh, organic fruits and vegetables. You can let your skin breathe by feeding it what is good.
The skin loves to eat:
• Coconut oil (contains a natural SPF!)
• Avocado oil (contains A, B, D & E vitamins and amino acids that promote healthy cell growth)
• Shea butter (remedies dry skin conditions and helps protect skin's natural oils)
• Almond oil (high in vitamin E; good for preventing wrinkles)
All of the above ingredients can be used on the skin and hair.